Social media platforms have become an essential part of our daily lives. They’re so critical that you probably already used at least once today, applications like Facebook, Twitter, or any other web-based communication platform. However, Social Media hasn’t only become crucial to users but to businesses that benefit from the increasing presence. Social media has become a much more affordable marketing alternative than traditional marketing methods.
Why is Social Media So Important?
Social media define your audience and brand followers. If you doubt the opportunities to grow your business on social media, remember that:
- Facebook has over 2 billion active monthly users. Almost 75% of these users log into Facebook every day. Over 15% of users shop on the platform, and this statistic shows no signs of slowing down.
- Twitter has over 300 million active monthly users. Over 80% of active users who sent a tweet to a company and received a response felt more likely to build a business relationship.
So the rule is simple: if your business is not on a social media platform, it doesn’t exist. It’s also a great place to sell and to create engagement with your customers.
How to Build Your Audience
There might be a billion users on social media platforms, but an audience doesn’t appear out of thin air — you have to build it. Creating an audience is more simple than people think. Here are three things that can help you create your audience:
Ask the right questions
Asking the right questions and finding very detailed answers will make the difference in building your audience. Issues like the following might be helpful:
- Who is more likely to use my product or hire my services? Is it a person or a business? (Key factors here include age, gender, and location.)
- What kind of lifestyle do my potential customers have?
- Where can I find these people? What social media channels do they use?
- Why type of challenges or problems does this ideal person or business face?
- What problem does my business’ product or service solve, and how?
Have something valuable to offer to your potential audience
If you don’t have something to offer on social media, then your potential clients won’t feel you deserve their time, and they won’t consider your business. What can you offer? Include relevant content that helps them, a free quote or audit, entertainment, etc. Often, offering something for free can help create a paying customer later on.
Use social media
If you are starting your business and don’t know exactly who your audience is, being active on social media organically can help you with your research. Create a profile for your business, share basic thoughts about your business purpose, make a few posts, and monitor engagement with tools like Hootsuite or Google Alerts.
Engage with your potential customers
Consistency is your best ally to build an influential audience. Being consistent with your online presence (i.e., posting regularly), communicating, and listening to what people have to say will help you get that audience you are looking for!
How To Manage Social Media Like A Pro
Financbase is a digital marketing agency that helps local businesses reach their goals with advanced and convenient online marketing tools. Financbase has developed a useful and convenient marketing tool called WebSocial Pro to help small businesses manage different social media channels.
WebSocial Pro is a tool that simplifies social media management because it houses a; in the same place. Companies include WebSocial Pro in their toolbox is because it helps them:
- Manage communication: You can manage Facebook, Instagram, Google My Business, Twitter, and LinkedIn accounts from this practical tool. You can publish and schedule posts for all these accounts and see the responses.
- Generate Social Leads: Get new leads and engage them with just a simple click.
- Engage followers: Since everything from your social media platforms is in one place, you can engage with your audience and build a strong social relationship.
- Monitor from their phone: This tool is mobile-friendly so that you can monitor your social media from your phone.
Financbase also offers reputation management, social marketing, responsive websites, review generation, listings management tools, CRM tools, reporting tools, engagement tools, and more. We help businesses build a more substantial reputation and a great relationship with their customers.